As a make-up artist, I rely on versatile eyeshadow palettes. They give me the freedom to create different looks without having to lug a gazillion single eye-shadows around.
I recently received the Smitten Eye Palette from MUD and this is my review… heads-up I’m smitten:
- The pigment concentration is really good – a little eyeshadow goes a long way.
- The colour lasts all day, the pigment didn’t shift, fade or end up under my eyes. Even during application, there was minimal fall off, which is great for when I work on brides and models. It means less mess and it saves me time.
- The pigments are soft and easy to apply. This makes blending super easy and it helps to create a smooth natural look.
- The combination of eyeshadow colours are fantastic, there’s a balance between neutrals, shimmer and dark. This allows you the freedom to create basic everyday looks or add a bit of drama when necessary for a night out. You’ll see in the swatch that the two neutral colours are extremely neutral and blends in beautifully with my skin. You can just swipe over the eyelid if you’re in a hurry.
- A neutral lip glaze was also included in this kit, which I surprisingly love. It glides smoothly over any lipstick colour, doesn’t get too sticky and the glossiness is long-lasting.
The Smitten Eye Palette is available from MUD studios (or order through me #yourewelcome) and retails for R650.
MUD (Make-Up Designory) is a make-up academy founded in 1997 in North Hollywood, California. Their focus is training students in make-up artistry and they offer a line of pro-quality make-up artistry product – win! The best part of all is that their make-up is cruelty-free – win for every-bunny!
Keen on buying an eyeshadow palette? Here are two things to consider when shopping for a palette:
- Quiet your inner unicorn
I completely get why you would want all the amazing unicorn-rainbow colours known to man (cause they’re purrrty…) but if you’re not going to use it every day is it really worth it? Instead invest in a palette that balances the neutral with the fun. You’ll get the most use out of this kind of palette and it also makes packing for a holiday super easy.
- Do your homework
Don’t fall for all the hype. Do your research when buying a new eyeshadow palette, this is an investment in your make-up bag after all. Ask your friends that are into make-up if they can recommend anything or even ask a make-up artist. We don’t mind sharing our secrets… You can consider pro make-up brands like MUD as one of our insider secrets – their products are specifically designed for make-up artists, meaning high quality, while also being available to the public.
For more information on MUD and to find you nearest MUD studio visit them online.
Do you have any favourite eyeshadow palettes you can share with me?